Saturday, March 05, 2005

Tennis anyone?

Today I played tennis with a fourth grader. He wasn't too great - but hey - neither am I. It was actually his first time playing tennis ever. He had a little trouble getting the racket to make contact with the ball - but after awhile he got it. I asked him if he had any brothers or sisters and he said "no, I don't have any, I don't have any friends at all. That's why I come here." And then he cracked up laughing. The odd thing is I think he was serious. I am not sure if that's funny or sad. Now that I think of it, I was only playing tennis against a fourth grader because I don't have any friends. Is that funny or sad? Sad.

And my now second favorite tennis quote. "Yes...piano." - Ederick answering the question "do you play any other sports?"

I need to get my taxes done.

No comments: