Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The countdown begins

packing. in less than 48 hours i will be packed and out of this house. it reminds me of college. moving, packing, deadlines. i hate packing and getting ready for flights. i always have this anxiety caused by the thought in the back of my mind that something is going to go wrong. either i will miss my flight or i will get to the airport and they will say something about my visa or ticket and there will be this big problem. of course if i make the flight i could always end up in japan and then they will refuse to let me out of the terminal - it would be like the movie - except if i spend months in a terminal i probably wouldn't fall in love, let alone make any friends or get food. i would probably just go crazy and make some terroristic remark and end up in jail in japan. or maybe i can't find my ride and have to somehow get myself from the airport to my apartment by myself. i think i could get that done. why am i thinking about how frustrating that would be? i should just not think about it. of course having all the time in the world to pack would naturally lead me to wait until the last day to run all my errands and then pack,and say good bye to everyone.

kate, no talking about me at lunch. i can already imagine how your conversation went.
"remember last year when we had that weird roomate who was always in the kitchen?"

"oh yeah, what was his name, that funny looking kid?"

"i think it was mark."

"i am pretty sure he was taking 19 credits. with the amount of class time and homework that must have entailed, coupled with the amount of time he spend in the kitchen, he must have failed. what is he up to now? did he drop out, move out and burn out?"

"i don't know, but i am glad we were able to reclaim the kitchen again."

"yeah, now when i steal food i don't have to look over my shoulder to wait until he buries his head into his big bowl of leftover concoction."

"right on brother, and when i decide not to do someone else's dishes that i used, i don't have to feel like he is going to rat me out - i don't want a KPA spanking."

"yeah, the best part is when i sleepwalk into the kitchen naked at 4am i can help myself to whatever i want, dance my sleepwalk dance, sing my sleepwalk song, and eat kate's food in the nude. the next day i don't even feel any shame, our kitchen security guard has been relocated to a mall."


jerks.
MT

1 comment:

Mike Staffa said...

why havent you posted a blog since being in japan?