Tuesday, March 15, 2005

UMD 2000 - my longest blog ever - I think

I randomly checked out one of my CD's of homework from back in the day. I wish I would of saved it all (I only have one semester's worth). Rereading my old papers is about as much entertainment as someone with my brain capacity can handle. This is one from my interpersonal communication class. I was discussing the communication skills of Bush and Gore in the post-election fiasco that was going on (if you don't remember this I won't refresh your memory). Reading my crap makes me wonder how I ever graduated. So...

"Either way, they both seem to be making fools of themselves. I think it would be in the best interest of at least one of the candidates to just sit back and wait till its over. To me these are just unintended hits below the belt, only they are hitting themselves."

Here is another one from the same class. Some communication self evaluation or something stupid like that-

"I think that the most important thing I learned about myself in this class dealt with emotional expression. While I already knew that I am pretty mellow and passive at all times, I did come to the realization that maybe those reactions aren't always appropriate. While those responses represent me, sometimes it may be better for the relationships I have or am trying to build if I pretend to care more. While the people who know me well know that my apparent disinterest does not represent my actual feelings, people who are not as familiar with my reactions may assume that I don’t care about anything or I am just a negative person. So maybe in the future when somebody I don’t know tells me something that should, and does, make me happy I will put on the stereotypical happy face and move my arms around and stuff like that to help build a positive relationship with that person."

"and move my arms around and stuff like that." Really, I wish I knew how I got away with that kind of crap. I got an A in that class.

I also have a ridiculous paper that I wrote on squirrels. I think I pretty much plagarized the whole thing from encarta encyclopedia or something and then threw in a bunch of bogus citations - pretending like I got them from some academic sources or something. Again, I have no idea. Why on earth would a kid ever be writing a paper about squirrels in college. HAHA, yes I am aware that the last sentence was pretty sophmorish. I can feel my brain slowly regressing to my sophmore state. NOOO!

My advice to anyone still in college is to save their papers. They will be hilarious later - at least mine are. One thing I wish I would have done was make a note about the assignment. Reading this stuff I can't help but assume it was some BS assignment and the teacher didn't care. But who knows.

1 comment:

Mike Staffa said...

i just looked and i kept my papers too!