Saturday, March 19, 2005

CNN/feeding tube

Today on CNN's website they posted their daily poll question. It is as follows: Would you want your relatives to remove the feeding tube if you were in a persistent vegetative state?

I hate these poll questions. They are always yes/no, good/bad, or agree/disagree. They never provide any type of context. What are all the factors. We need to know these things in if we want to properly contribute to a stupid unscientific poll. My true answer could always be either one depending on something.

So, the first problem with this question - why do relatives remove it? And why can't it just be a relative? How do they decide which relative removes it? Should it be the one who loves or hates you the most?

So what is my answer to the question? Well, it depends. It depends what they are feeding me. I guess what type of music they are playing in the background would also be a factor (they better have something going). If I am ever on a feeding tube - one of you better make sure that I am fat. If I am not, change whatever crap food they are giving me to brownies and double the intake. Also, add one extra serving around 9pm and a half dose at 3am. With no exercise I should get fat in no time. But if it doesn't work - I guess pull the plug. Just make sure that before you do you verbally give me your full name and where you live - just in case I am reincarnated as some rabid creature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahh ha, Mark I found your blog. I am now addicted to reading your writings. here is the sappy part: I miss chillin wit ya in da house.