Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Osaka!!!

I am not in Osaka, but I wish I was. It's been several days since the dentist finished ripping up my gums. Because of my butchered mouth I had spent as much time as possible with my mouth closed and I didn't drink much water. After it healed awhile, I examined my mouth in the mirror - with a flashlight. This is the first time I ever did this - and probably the last. It was amazing though. The first thing I thought of was Hawaii's coral reef. Everone thinks it's so special. While I don't know anything about this stuff, to me it looks a lot like a big rock with a bunch of junk growing on it. What does this have to do with the inside of my mouth? Exactly! My tongue basically reminds me of snorkeling on the West shore. It's like a big rock with a bunch of crap growing on it. Colorful, exotic and covered in organisms that a liberal arts student will never truly appreciate.

I have two more days of "work" left here. I have to pick up my visa soon and then I am ready to jet. Or No va in my case. Boy am I clever. Ah, again, my humor is lost on the ignorant. I would update everyone with some type of relavant Mark news but as you all know, my life is pretty boring. Seriously though, when in Japan I will try and dress it up to make it sound like I am doing something cool. Maybe I will even let my friends and family know that I am doing this.

No comments: