Tuesday, March 08, 2005

CNN, previous blogs

After rereading some of my previous entries I noticed several grammatical and spelling errors. Rather than correct them I will simply explain myself. I do not proofread my blogs before publishing them. It is not because I am lazy or because I am stupid. It is because I want readers of my blog to experience journalism at its finest. I feel that "editing" my reports will subtract from their authenticity. Sure, the reporter covering the hurricane surrounding him may feel that his hair is messed up or that the intense winds may be making his voice sound muffled - but he does his job like he is supposed to. Sometimes in the heat of the moment I may forget a period, use there when I mean their, or spell my name Makr. But I want the reader to see my reports in their raw form. The audience should be able to understand what exactly I am witnessing or thinking based on my reports. I could edit it all to make it seem more presentable, but that's just not what good commentary is all about.

So sticking with my CNN commentary (two in a row now!), I have to say something about this whole Michael Jackson thing. First, Mr. Jackson has been in the news for the whole child molestation thing as long as I can remember. It's always on every "news" channel, society can not get away from it. Everyone and their pet knows that Michael has been accused of doing all sorts of things. With that said, how come the only news that the stations cover about the parents is how they may be making up these accusations for financial reasons. After my "news blog" catapults me into mainstream reporting I have a few questions for these parents. The question is not "are you doing this to make money?" It is, why are you allowing your kids to have sleepovers at Jackson's house? Does Jackson just call up and say "hey can Johhny come over and spend the night?" And you knowing that he is an adult say "sure, why not?" I can't wait until CNN hires me so I can be the first to ask the parents this question. I will also use my new position to help CNN with their website. They really need to stop putting big pictures of his face on their main page. Not to sound mean or anything, but lets be honest, it's scary. OK, I know that does sound mean and I almost feel kind of bad now. So Michael, if you're reading this, I apologize. And when CNN talks to you next time can you recommend me as a journalist? I promise I won't put you on the spot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.xanga.com/peppyspaz
There you go mark I made a blog.

I agree with you about the jacko thing, what kind of parents lets their kid go to his house?

Anonymous said...

Let's start a small discussion on usability of this blog. I say there are at least 5 major design flaws here. Anyone see it?
Can you explain to me what reality is? Do robots exist in reality because they cannot judge and make perceptions?
There once was a time when I blogged about this stuff like crazy. Not many people came to my blogs.
I'm not sure I agree with you on some key points. Do you allow guest blog posts? I'd love to write on this topic.

Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your kids.