Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The North Shore

I'll admit it, I've seen Baywatch a few times. Thankfully as a kid I didn't have whatever channel it was on. But I managed to watch it a few times at a friend's house. I can't say I enjoyed it, but seeing the typical day of a lifeguard gave me a much deserved sense of security everytime I went to the beach. In my little town there didn't seem to be as much drama on the beach, probably because on a hot day there were 20 people there. Some of the lifeguards were my friends and I wouldn't trust them with preparing me a sandwich...let alone my life.

On the local Oahu news tonight they were talking about the surf and it actually reminded me of Baywatch. They said the waves were 6-10 feet and the lifeguards on the North Shore pulled out 18 different people. Crazy!! Tomorrow there will be a "high surf advisory" with 15-20 foot waves!! In two days my pops and I will head up there and watch.

Today we went for a hike on the east side, I'm not sure of the name, I'll post pics later. We saw a few whales. I'll be honest, I was thinking about harpooning.

No comments: