Thursday, December 08, 2005

ESL old lady

I think I mentioned it in an earlier post - but just incase - there are a couple kinds of ESL funnies. When a student tries to be funny, makes a strange mistake or when their personality is just wacko. So today I had this cute old lady telling me some story about who knows what?@!? She was a wacko - a cute old one.

We were talking about how the Yen is worth so little right now... she went on to tell me how it used to be worth way less back in the day... "when the Americans visited Japan" (I am only about %90 sure that she was talking about WWII). Then "my dog brought good food to his girlfriend's house." "He did a sorry style." I have no clue at all where that came from or why she said it. But to finish off, she asked if one of my parents was J, I told her it was on my mom's side and she said "I'm sorry." Again, no explanation and I can't even figure out what she meant. But it was funny.

In other news, last night was the first night in my life that i've ever just left the trash in because i was too lazy to take it out. Usually it's because i forget...but i just couldn't be bothered. So a few more days of rotting chicken fat in hanging above my sink. Oh well, since it's about 40F in my room it shouldn't start to smell for awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Asianese cracks me up. Brings me back to my times over in Asia. I've been to many countries over there. I've actually been in Japan 6 times. I never left the airport, though...