Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Work is funny...sometimes

Well,I am not sure if funny stuff is always happening and I'm just in the "mark zone" so I don't notice it... or, the past few days have been full of strange quotes etc. These are from the last two days. I swear sometimes I go weeks without my students saying anything funny.

This one was just on a shirt: sloppiness will be the causes of the increase in the juvenile crime.

I actually spent the whole lesson pondering it. Then I was doing the "interesting experiences" lesson. So I asked them, "what's the most interesting experience you've ever had?"

#1 "I went scuba diving in Guam, it was fun." (very normal answer!)
#2 "I touched a fox.....in Chicago." (I thought I misheard him, but he repeated it for me).
#3 "No interesting experiences....ehhhh...but I have a four leaf clover." (he then took it out of his pocket and showed me).

I am not sure if others would even find these funny, but I was just cracking up. And...
"I heard about someone who can extinguish fires with their stomach gas." And we weren't even talking about fires, gas, stomachs or anything of the sort...very random and almost a little disturbing.



In not so funny Mark news, after going crazy I put in a transfer request - only to hear back that "they need me there." But today after telling everyone how nuts I've gone others broke down and told me that they've put in transfer requests too. I guess it's not normal to just tell everyone you work with that your surroundings are driving you bonkers...but i did.

No comments: