Thursday, November 24, 2005

I care about people I don't know.

I roughed up a 14 year old kid today. In my defense, he was the same size as me and probably about the same strength (although I am much better looking). Actually, it was his fault and not mine. I had him in an arm lock and I was going very slow. I probably had him in it for ten seconds...slowly pulling it back. And I was carefully watching his other hand, waiting for the inevitable tap...it never happened. All the spectators started yelling "stop stop" (in English!). What is that age when males start to think that they are really tough? Well, to make a long story short he should be fine in two weeks.

This incident and my post-arm lock feelings have made me realize a lot about myself. For one, I think I am getting more mature. I feel really bad even though it was %100 his fault. That coupled with the fact that I have this voice in the back of my head nagging me to do the dishes. I don't need clean dishes, but the voice is there. Is that a sign of maturity? Insanity? I don't even have any plans to have company over or anything. It seems that my idea of logic just happens to be changing - only I can't justify it. It's like doing the dishes is almost becoming an instinct. I guess that's probably why this blog just keeps going on about nothing...I don't want to do the dishes, I just feel like I should.

On the positive side of things, I did realize today that I can pretty much handle the toughest 14 year olds around. And I'll be honest, it was a pretty sweet armlock.

If you want to do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Osaka, it's in Teradacho.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah teradacho, sweet teradacho. i miss the joint. granpia tennoji to be exact *sigh*

Anonymous said...

It's fun to beat up younger kids, cause then you feel better about yourself. I think this is a sign of maturity. I remember the first time I was able to actually beat up a younger kid. I think it was yesterday, although it was so long ago I can't remember. He was about 6. Anyway, to make a long story short, I really felt better about myself afterwards.