Monday, October 31, 2005

Mark news.

I got an email today from an old friend and it made me happy.
I will be working OT again this weekend.
I washed my work shirts yesterday. I don't do that very often.
I have a cold. It's the first time I've had one in years - at least one worthy of coughdrops and orange juice. It's blogworthy.
So for those that care, here is what life is sometimes like for Mark:

3 days of my week are like this: I wake up at 8:30 and catch the 9:04 train. It takes me ten minutes to get to the station and I eat breakfast! Crazy. Work starts at 10 and ends at 5:40. I listen to my Ipod for the train trip and sometimes when my coworkers are talking too loud...even though I do like them. After work on these three days I go to BJJ. Usually I stay there until about 9:15. At 9:30 they end, they all get in a circle, say things in Japanese, and take turns bowing. I leave early just to avoid being THAT GUY. I get home at about 10. Then I usually eat dinner...ideally something that I cook that night. Then the next morning I take it to work. Jiu Jitsu is honestly the first hobby I've ever had...well climbing was almost a hobby.

Anyway, those are three days of my week. The other four will come in Chapter 2. Maybe 2 and 3. Well, we know I will probably forget to finish this "blog series" and you will all die extremely curious as to what I do with four days of my week. Well, I actually have a lot of things that I mean to do. I have them sitting out, visual reminders that I should be doing them. But like I said, I have difficulty doing things sometimes.

Anyway, I am glad that I have friends who, every now and then, remind me that my life should have some direction. And I believe it does. I am in that stage where I think I am pointed in the right direction, I just haven't moved. I think I have been in that stage for too long. Honestly, I am getting sick of it. I promise that someday the "Mark's daily life blog series" will be something worth reading. Until then, you're just going to have to deal with a bunch of nonsense.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's better to have momentum rather than direction, cause at least then you're moving. And if you get going really really fast, and realize you're going in the wrong direction, all you have to do is pull a 7-G turn (full afterburner), use your altitude differential, fall back in on target and blow the crap out of it! What?...

Anonymous said...

Mark.....pat on the back buddy.
ps. im heading to cairns next week nana nah nana