Sunday, October 23, 2005

My name is Mark, can I stay at your place for a few days?

I am going to spend a week in Tokyo this December. I am looking forward to everything except the part about it being "the most expensive city in the world." I guess coming from the "second most expensive city in the world," it shouldn't be that big of a deal. But of course, we are talking about the "cheapest guy in the world."

So far, on the internet $60 a night for a hotel is the average cheap price. So I could do that....or....

try to get random people from myspace.com to let me stay with them. I will let you know how it goes.

I remember road trippin in the early college days and being bummed out that we had to pay $30 for a hotel room - and that was before splitting it between five people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, obviously you're in a different country and all, but there's always the possibility of camping. Here in America, there are campgrounds with showers and everything all over the place. Pretty cheap, too. Maybe someday when you come visit my country you can see them.

Oh, and $60/night for a hotel seems pretty reasonable for the "most expensive city in the world." At least that's what the "not the smartest guy in the world, but still kinda smart although not a genious" guy has to say.

Anonymous said...

What the heck? I made my comments, but it keeps saying that there are no comments. Although it's clear I desired to comment and acted on such desires, I feel like I was rejected in some manner. Well, here are my comments again, just in case you need to read them twice:

"Hey, obviously you're in a different country and all, but there's always the possibility of camping. Here in America, there are campgrounds with showers and everything all over the place. Pretty cheap, too. Maybe someday when you come visit my country you can see them.

"Oh, and $60/night for a hotel seems pretty reasonable for the "most expensive city in the world." At least that's what the "not the smartest guy in the world, but still kinda smart although not a genious" guy has to say."