Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Who's afraid of foreigners?

Yesterday I taught one of his kids - today I had him. Trying to kill time, I asked him how his son was doing and told him that I was the kid's teacher yesterday. The boy couldn't really do anything except say "eeemmm, eeemmm," but I didn't tell pops. I think he already knew what his son could say. He then told me the real reason that his children were taking English lessons. Not to learn English - but to get used to foreigners. He said that he didn't see his first foreigner until he was well into his double digits, and when he did...yikes!
"What scared you about foreigners?"
"Well...blond hair, blue eyes, tall....muscular...chest hair."

The best part was he seemed so serious when he was telling me this.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Sorry that was my fault. You should have seen the guy freak out when he saw me.