Sunday, August 14, 2005

Old school

Back to a Japan related blog. Two more quotes, both from the same lesson. It was the "I'm the doc, you're the patient" lesson. I had themcome up with their own problems. There were only two students in the class and they both had some killer lines. I started them off by saying something like "so what seems to be the problem?"

Guy #1 "I have a hangover. And I drank a bottle of medicine to cheer me up."
I cracked up.

Guy #2 "I broke my legs"
Me "when did this happen?"
Guy #2 "yesterday"

Again, I was laughing.

And today I had to play Uno again. Yes, I get paid to play Uno. One day this guy is going to win. I modified the rules on my side. I am no longer allowed to change the color by playing the same number - but I can still use wilds. The result of this was the longest unfinished game of Uno that I have ever played. Highlights were my student playing the wild card and then "changing" the color to the color that it already was - twice. And, playing the wild card and changing the color to a color that he didn't have - twice.

No comments: