Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Judge Mark

While my grandpa was giving me the walking tour through the nursing home I became kind of depressed. It was just all of these old people sitting in beds watching court TV. That of course made me think of the purpose of my existence...as well as the purpose for all these old people. Maybe the purpose of my existence is to entertain old people at the hospital, but if that were the case, what would the purpose of all the old people be? Just an outlet for me to fulfill my purpose? I don't think so. I decided that whatever my purpose is, it must be something that I can work toward/fulfill throughout my entire life. If the last 2 years of my life consist of liquid meals and Judge Judy, someone please end them prematurely. That is why I am excited to be entering a career that I can continue until I die. While most people seem to use work as a means to retirement, I feel like I am looking forward to work as some sort of purpose. I don't think I will want to retire. I want to work. But is it that simple? I doubt it.

To lighten it up a bit, here are some funny things my grandpa said:

They need a pistol range in here (talkin about how boring the place is).

They never think of anyone except themselves, they don't seem to realize that someone is going to have to come clean up their mess (talking about people who commit suicide by throwing themselves in front of a train).

I think if I had to choose between having a prosthetic arm or leg, I'd chose a leg, but whoever really has a choice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The nursing home must just suck. My Grandma is in one that is saweeeeet! They have dogs/cats that roam around and visit only the people who want them to, they have frisbee/archery/shooting contests, they take field trips all over town, my grandma routinely smokes everyone at poker/bingo, and they have a garden that's won state awards. She just wishes it wasn't so full of old, crazy people who "won't shut up about their stupid families." :)