Sunday, January 30, 2005

Junk Email and Old People

Junk email used to make so much sense. You have a stupid product or a scam that you want to sell so you email it out to a thousand people and maybe one idiot will make it all worth your time. Now I can't figure it out though. Sometimes I open my junk email just for the heck of it. Usually it is something in the title like "hi" or something stupid to just get you to try and open it. Back in the day they used to always have titles like "I had a great night with you the other night." I guess that didn't work as well. So the point of this rant is: why do I get so much junk email that has nothing in the body? Or when it does its something like "adsddd.cod" Are they now doing it for the sole purpose of annoying people?

Well, in related news, the AARP is still trying to get me to join. I am not sure how they found out my new address so fast. Old people are networked very well I guess. I wonder if they have big parties. Do you have to be old to join or just retired? What is the exact difference between unemployed and retired? Is it possible to be fired when you're in your 60's and then just retire from no job? Maybe I should sign up for the AARP. So if any of you have grandma's coming up to you talking about this nice boy they want to introduce you to.......

No comments: