Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Rio Dulce, Utila, Mexico

Rio Dulce. The highlight was seeing a Coral snake inbetween my bedroom and my bathroom. At the last hour I changed my plans from Mexico to Honduras. I went with two Israelis and Wolf from Austria. Wolf will probably be the strangest drifter I ever meet and the stories involving him are not appropriate for posting. But they were funny.

Utila. I have another 500 little bites from the stupid sandflies. I also have my PADI license which I am pleased about. I roomed there with Wolf and Cam from NZ. Cam was the first traveler I´ve met that I actually got along with really well. He was also my diving buddy.

A quick (Central American quick) trip through Belize and I´m sitting in Chetumal Mexico with nothing to do. I wanted to get a haircut but both of the shops I found were apparently closed due to Mexico playing in the World Cup. I bought a ticket to Palenque and will leave tmrw night.

In other news, this whole school orientation business really bothers me. Why do I need to register in person and have a tour of the school? I am really not concerned with making any friends or finding a nice student group to be a part of. I basically want to take classes so I can get a job. I picked the latest time to go back and register (1 month before the semester starts). I feel like the classes are all going to be full. Then I will have to go try and beg to get into classes. That´s so annoying. So I am going to have to sit around in Mpls with nothing really to do for a month. Century College and I are starting out on the wrong foot. They better have room for me...otherwise I will have ended my vacation a month early for nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark! Way to change your blog address and not tell anyone... I will at once go to my links and update it. Then, I will commense my readership of your blog.