Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Antigua

Well, I've been in Guatemala for just over two weeks. So far I've come to a few conclusions...well I'm kind of thinking of them as I type but oh well.

No matter how hard I try, I will never be able to learn Spanish. I fall back on the "I'm too old to learn a language excuse."

No matter how hard I try I will never be able to spend all my money in 3 months.

And, ice cream here is like ice cream back home.

Really, not much has been going on here. I have a cool family that likes to cook beans and onions and watch soap operas...but for kids. I am not sure if we have that equivalent in the US. I sit on a hammock all afternoon and nap, read or stare at the huge volcano that is visible from my roof. I live with a dog and it hasn't been trained very well. Over the next two weeks it's training should be complete. I prefer the shoe or broom to the face method...for the dog, not me. Other than that, there isn't really much to say. I've been taking pics but forgot my cord to upload them. I'll put them on a CD eventually and upload that way.

This weekend I'm going to the ocean for some relaxing. Basically I'll be comparing the hammock and volcano view with the hammock and ocean view...I hope. Two weeks from now I will hopefully be getting my PADI cert. and then cruising around in Lake Atitlan - a collapsed volcano.

I will not be learning to salsa and I have a farmers tan that any farmer would envy. Today I walked around looking for a tailor to sew up the hole in my pocket but I couldn't find one (I had a map with the X). I also withdrew money from the bank with out any problms. I can't think of anything else now. I tried to ask my teacher if he'd ever been robbed but I asked him if he'd ever robbed anyone. I didn't know what I'd said until he started explaining to me how he has morals etc. So that, more or less, is what i've been up to.

hasta luego, marcos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could probably spend all of your money in three days.